Connect with Mel on LinkedIn
Mel Wilson is a community activist and a leader in the real estate industry. He is a former NFL & Kodak All-America Football player. Mel uses the discipline, teamwork, and focus he gained while playing professional football to excel in his business relationships. Mel, a graduate of California State University, Northridge's College of Business, has been a Realtor for 38+ years and reached a great deal of success in that time. Some of his achievements are as follows:
- Mel Wilson has served 21 years on the Board of Directors of the California Association of Realtors (C.A.R.) and 14 years on the National AssociationofRealtors (N.A.R.).
- He served as a member of the California State University, Northridge President's Advisory Board for 18 years for four different presidents.
- He is a founding board member of the Valley Economic Alliance.
- Mel was selected Volunteer of the Year by the Los Angeles County Planning Department.
- He served four years on the board for the LA City Fire Commission and one year as the Vice President.
- Mel was a candidate for Mayor of San Fernando Valley in the 2002 Valley Independence Movement.
- He was the 1997 President of the Southland Regional Association of Realtors.
- He was the recipient of the Southland Regional Association of Realtors Realtor of the Year in 1991.
- He was appointed to the L.A. County Transportation Metropolitan Authority Board by 2 different mayors:
Mayor Richard Riordan 1993-1997 and Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa 2010-2013.
- He is the approved broker for the Los Angeles Housing & Community Investment Department.
- Mel is the first broker to represent Restore Neighborhood L.A. Inc (RNLA) of the City of Los Angeles National Stabilization Program (NSP) - a $142 million program for the sale and acquisition of residential real estate for low and moderate income households.
- He was appointed by L.A. City Council men Herb Wesson Jr., to the Business Tax Advisory Commission which initiated City County approval to phase out L.A.City Gross Receipt Business Tax.
- Mel is the approved broker instructor for Cal State University, Northridge Home Buyers Education. He conducts education seminars to consumers explaining the complexities of real estate transactions.
- Mel was awarded the Northridge Chamber of Commerce 2015 C.K. Tseng Leadership Award because of his civic engagement and volunteerism.
-In September of 2016 Mel is being honored as one of CSUN’s Fabulous 50 Business Alumni by the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics.
-Mel is an Executive Committee Member for C.A.R. and has been appointed to Chair of NAR's Federal Legislative and Political Forum for 2017.